Apps for smart cities is a unique event that brings the ethos of the Internet to the world of Smart cities.
Policy makers can:
- Learn about real life applications in specific domains such as recycling, Urban farming, helping disabled, citizens participation and many others
- Explore demos and gain a 'behind the scenes perspective' from the developers
- Meet other policy makers and city planners to share ideas
- Understand the evolution of technology and the interplay between various technology paradigms
- Learn about 'long tail services' i.e. unpredictable evolution of new services when the 'city becomes a platform'